12th April: Arrive in Thailand
Get assistance for transfer to hotel from airport by our representative. Check-in and fresh n up and get ready for half day city and temple tour. Post dinner overnight stay at hotel for getting proper sleep that we may enjoy the New Year next day on the streets.
13th to 15th April: Play with Water in the streets
Post breakfast enjoy the day on the streets fighting the battle of water till dawn. Once the sun sets, after dinner it's your time to explore the nightlife of the city of your stay (most of the busy areas are in the bandit of 5kms of the hotel).
16th April: Departure
Post breakfast get ready to depart with funny memories.
Songkran is the Thai New Year's national holiday. Songkran is 13 April every year, but the holiday period extends from 14 – 15 April. In 2018 the Thai cabinet extended the festival nationwide to five days, 12 – 16 April, to enable citizens to travel home for the holiday. In 2019, the holiday will be observed 12 – 16 April as 13 April falls on a Saturday. The word "Songkran" comes from the Sanskrit word samkranti, literally "astrological passage", meaning transformation or change. The term was borrowed from Makar Sankranti, the name of a Hindu harvest festival celebrated in India in January to mark the arrival of spring. It coincides with the rising of Aries on the astrological chart and with the New Year of many calendars of South and Southeast Asia, in keeping with the Buddhist/Hindu solar calendar.
In Thailand, New Year is now officially celebrated on 1 January, Songkran was the official New Year until 1888, when it was switched to a fixed date of 1 April. Then in 1940, this date was shifted to 1 January. The traditional Thai New Year Songkran was transformed into a national holiday.
The holiday is known for its water festival. Major streets are closed to traffic, and are used as arenas for water fights. Celebrants, young and old, participate in this tradition by splashing water on each other. Traditional parades are held and in some venues "Miss Songkran" is crowned where contestants are clothed in traditional Thai dress.
Thai and foreign tourists up during Songkran. Up to 500,000 foreigners visit Thailand every year during Songkran.
# Do not spray water on drivers.
# Dress appropriately (do not wear white cloths, especially woman it becomes transparent and may also get the stains of the colours used if any).
# Don’t go topless.
# Wear inappropriate shoes.
# Do not throw ice on others, but can throw ice water (be sure that the ice is melted).
# Do not throw water on monks, elderly, babies and police.
# Get waterproof cases wherever required.
# Do not drink (alcohol) excessively.
For More details please call
Pune office: 02024477389
Amit Kulkarni: +91 89750 24242
Priyanka Satam: +91 86056 84448
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Website: www.getsetgoholidays.in
1. Tour cost published does not include air fare / railway cost, unless and until mentioned specifically.
2. Food / drinking water shall not be provided during rail / flight journey by The Company unless and until mentioned specifically.
3. Taxes shall be applicable as per government rule & regulations and may not be included in published tour price.
1. All payment to be made by Cheques / Demand draft in favour of Get Set Go Holidays Pvt Ltd payable at Pune.
2. For far away customers, they may choose to pay online using bank transfer etc. Please contact us for bank details on numbers given on the site.
Get Set Go Holidays Pvt Ltd hereinafter referred to as “The Company”.
1. In the event of natural calamities like earthquake, floods, etc. or unavoidable circumstances like curfew, strikes etc. not within the controls of The Company, the tour escort shall use his discretionary rights to either change the tour route or cancel the tour as per the situation demands. Please note this is applicable in group tours only.
2. Baggage & personal belongings of the tour participant will be his/her sole responsibility, throughout the tour. The Company shall not be liable for the loss / damage of any kind.
3. Smoking / drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited during the journeys air, rail, bus & in dining halls. Tour members can avail the smoking zone wherever applicable.
4. The Company shall not be liable for any personal loss /damage to any tour individual due to the reasons beyond control of The Company.
5. Individual tour member shall be required to follow the common civil code of conduct during the entire tour. Any inconvenience / damage caused to other members in the tour shall call for strict action by the tour escort towards the defaulter. There will be no compensation rendered to the defaulter, incase, he needs to leave the tour.
6. The Company does not have any control over the price fluctuations towards Railway / Flights /Bus/ Hotels/ Shipping companies or any other service provided by Third Party. Likewise, The Company shall not be responsible for delays /deficiencies for the services provided by the outside service agencies.
7. Pls note The Company does not have any control on the schedules of opening / closing timings of tourist attractions. (museums,parks,etc)
8. Tour participants are requested to collect their journey tickets from The Company office address after making full payment. On request and risk by the Tour individual, the same shall be sent by postage with additional administrative cost towards it.
9. The Tour participant is required the join the tour as per the itinerary given from their respective destinations. Pls note if any tour participant travels before the tour journey date to any destination as per the itinerary, The Company shall not be responsible & liable for any additional cost wherever applicable.
10. For group with less than 16 members the road travel shall be done by vehicles like Sumo/Qualis/etc. The Company shall communicate any additional rule required for specific group tour journeys.
11. Seat allotment shall be made on the basis of “first come first” only. For any reason like physically challenged, the rule shall be kept flexible.
12. The Company may be allowed for tour camera shoots (stills/video) as its publicity campaigns. The Tour participant shall allow for the same.